Série de conférences sur les enjeux en matière autochtone
Notre prochaine conférencière
Chief Kahsennenhawe Sky-Deer
Bill S-3's Changes to the Indian Status Rules:
Addressing It's Impact on Kahnawà:ke
Thursday, February 27, 2020
12:30 - 2:00 pm
En collaboration avec le Forum des Politiques publiques, Stratéjuste organise des conférences sur les enjeux affectant les Premières Nations, les Métis, les Inuits et les autochtones en milieu urbain.
Ces conférences se tiennent au bureau du Forum, Suite 1405 du 130 Albert à Ottawa où des invités de divers horizons présentent leur point de vue, répondent aux questions et animent une discussion approfondie.
La participation est gratuite mais les places sont limitées. Veuillez nous contacter pour réserver la vôtre à notre prochaine session.
Organizateurs de la série
- Regional Chief Kluane Adamek, Assembly of First Nations - Yukon. What Canada Can Learn from the Yukon on Reconciliation. Jan 21, 2020.
- Tim Leonard, Senior Research Manager, Indigenous Services Canada. The Community Well-Being Index 2016. Sept 25, 2019.
- Christine Hall, Crown-Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs Canada. Who can be registered under the Indian Act? Bill S-3. June 26, 2019.
- Anne Scotton, Indigenous Services Canada. Renewing the Crown-Indigenous Relationship through Service in Northern Ontario. May 27, 2019.
- Samantha Michaels, Pauktuutit Inuit Women of Canada. Priority Issues Impacting Inuit Women and Girls. Apr 25, 2019.
- Paul DeVillers, Board Chair, Métis Voyageur Development Fund. Supporting Ontario Métis Entrepreneurs. Feb 25, 2019.
- N Tainsh, J Pichard, D Taylor, J Iasenza and M Yaqoob, U of Ottawa, Indigenous Justice Programs not funded by IJP. Jan 21, 2019
- Emily Simmons & Jonathan Gendron-Rossignol, U of Ottawa, Indigenous Justice Programming in Australia and New Zealand. Jan 21, 2019.
- Peg Herbert, Executive Director, Help Lesotho. Building Resilience among Vulnerable Populations in Rural Africa. Nov 22, 2018.
- John Moses, Canadian Museum of History. "This is not my story, but yours..." The Russ Moses residential school memoir. June 29, 2018.
- Jennifer St. Germain, Chief Strategy Officer, Métis Nation of Ontario. Rights, Recognition, and Responsibility. June 6, 2018.
- Christopher Cornish, Executive Director, Ring of Fire, Indigenous Services Canada. The Community Well-Being Pilot Project. May 7, 2018.
- Bob Craftchick, Christine Leduc, Kathleen McFadden, Forest Tenure Oversight Group. From Division to Consensus on Ontario's Forests. Mar 14, 2018.
- Nora Murdock, Manitoba First Nations Education Resource Centre. The Manitoba First Nations School System. Feb 22, 2018.
- Chris Andersen, University of Alberta. Mixed Messages: How the Canada Census Measures the Métis Population and Why It Matters. Jan 31, 2018.
- Diana Kwan et Stefan Matiation, Justice Canada. The Principles Respecting Canada's Relationship with Indigenous Peoples. Dec 6, 2017.
- Rebekah Wilson, Federation of Canadian Municipalities. Building Indigenous/Municipal Partnerships. Nov 20, 2017.
- Jonathan Dewar, PhD, Promoting Reconciliation through Indigenous Arts and Curatorial Practices. Oct 11, 2017.
- Terry Goodtrack, AFOA Canada. Its Work, Contributions, and Future Goals. June 14, 2017.
- Chris Duschenes, Conference Board of Canada. Resource Revenue Sharing between the Crown and Remote First Nations in Canada. April 18, 2017.
- Shannin Metatawabin, National Aboriginal Capital Corporations Assoc. Aboriginal Financial Institutions: An Untold Success Story. Mar 23, 2017.
- Jerry Lanouette, First Nations Information Governance Centre. Understanding the Fundamentals of OCAP®, Feb 28, 2017.
- Daniel Brant, Daniel J. Brant and Associates. Is There Really a Difference in First Nations Governance? Jan 26, 2017.
- Robert Louie, Chief Austin Bear, First Nations Lands Advisory Board. The Framework Agreement on First Nations Land Management. Dec 21, 2016.
- E.J. Allard-Coté, S. Bradford, and L. Durocher, University of Ottawa. Indigenous Health Policy in Australia, New Zealand, and Canada. Dec 2, 2016.
- Nicholas Pope and Jenna Smith-Kouassi, University of Ottawa, Health Coverage for Registered First Nations and Inuit in Canada. Dec 2, 2016
- Heather Hudson, University of Alaska. Broadband for All in the North? A Comparative Analysis of Alaska and Northern Canada. Nov 4, 2016.
- Ravi Pendakur, University of Ottawa. Socio-Economic Impacts of Modern Treaty, Self-Government, and other Agreements, 1991-2011. Oct 21, 2016.
- Katie Wood and Kyla Marcoux, First Nations Information Governance Centre. Key National Findings from the FNREEES. Sept 15, 2016.
- Tim Whiteduck, Chair and Susan O'Donnell, Vice-Chair, First Mile Connectivity Consortium. The First Mile Connectivity Consortium. May 16, 2016.
- Daniel Poulin, Legal Counsel, Canadian Human Rights Commission. The First Nations Child Welfare Case. April 29, 2016.
- Manny Jules, Chief Commissioner, First Nations Tax Commission. Fashioning a New Fiscal Relationship: The Importance of Taxation. Mar 23, 2016.
- Natan Obed, President, Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami, Addressing Food Security for Inuit/What Does it Mean to Engage with Inuit? Feb 9, 2016.
- Brenda MacDougall, University of Ottawa. Politicization of Métis Buffalo Hunters: Writing Petitions in the Late 19th Century. Jan 21, 2016.
- Mike Degagne, President, Nipissing University. Aboriginal Post-Secondary Education: A Critical Look at Recommendations of the TRC. Nov 20, 2015.
- Chris Penney, AANDC. The Community Well-Being Index: Report on Trends in First Nation and Inuit Communities, 1981-2011. Oct 21, 2015.
- Maryanne Pearce, PhD. Quantifying Tears: Documenting Cases of Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women in Canada. Sept 15, 2015.
- Ryan Walker and Loleen Berdahl, University of Saskatchewan. Exploring Indigenous Urbanism in Canadian Cities. June 3, 2015.
- Jason Leblanc, Executive Director, Tungasuvvingat Inuit. Inuit in Ontario and Tungasuvvingat Inuit. May 22, 2015.
- Tim Brodhead, Canadians for a New Partnership. How Can We Better Include First Nations, Métis and Inuit in the Canadian Family? Apr. 21, 2015.
- Christopher Alcantara, Wilfrid Laurier University. Coordinating Communities: Indigenous-Local Intergovernmental Partnerships in Canada. Feb 12, 2015.
- Karihwakeron Tim Thompson, First Nations Educator and Policy Advisor. First Nations Education and the Reconciliation Imperative. Jan 15, 2015.
- Harvey McCue (Waubageshig), First Nations Educator. A Call to Action: Potential Solutions in First Nations Education. Dec 4, 2014.
- Andrew Beynon, Community Opportunities Branch, AANDC. Recent Developments in First Nation Community Economic Development. Nov 19, 2014.
- Betty Ann Lavallée, National Chief, Congress of Aboriginal Peoples. Canada's Challenges: Indigenous Solutions. Nov 4, 2014.
- Dal Brodhead, New Economy Development Group. First Nations and Resource Projects: Invest in Relationships, Or Else. Sept 29, 2014.
- Chief Robert Joseph, Reconciliation Canada. Reconciliation: Why Should Canadians Care? June 20, 2014.
- Monette Maillet, Valerie Phillips, Canadian Human Rights Commission. Human Rights and Aboriginal Peoples: A Case for Engagement. May 26, 2014.
- Tim Leonard, Statistics Canada. The 2012 Aboriginal Peoples Survey: Initial Findings. April 10, 2014.
Pour une liste des sessions et des présentations avant Avril 2014, s'il vous plaît contacter les organisateurs.